Journal subject areas
Scientific Drilling covers developments in the Earth, ocean, and the cryosphere, including
- geophysics and seismology;
- and other research disciplines.
Reports are related to
- tectonic processes;
- global climate change;
- element cycles;
- the deep biosphere;
- the effects of major impacts on climate and mass extinctions;
- mineral and energy resources;
- and Earth science methods.
Scientific Drilling welcomes reports from Earth sampling and monitoring projects from all kinds of drilling-related scientific research including
- deep sea;
- ice coring,
- drilling technologies;
- and instrumentation and observations.